Syllable Division Daily Drills for Encoding and Decoding | Growing Bundle
# of Pages: 35
File Type: Google Apps
Have your students practice encoding and decoding multisyllabic words every day with these syllable division drills. Bring The Science of Reading to your 3rd or 4th-grade classroom as students practice how to encode and decode words that are higher-level. This also will challenge them to learn new vocabulary every single day.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- 35 Google Slides (THIS IS A GROWING RESOURCE; THERE ARE 9 WEEKS NOW, BUT ALL WEEKS WILL BE ADDED BY JAN. 2024)
- 10 weekly words to encode
- Posters for all the syllable division rules
- Weekly slides that walk you through how to teach and practice syllable division
Why will these activities help your students grow and make the teacher happy?
Engagement– These drills are quick! They are great warm-ups for reading that will keep children learning new words and being engaged.
Science of Reading– These slides follow the Science of Reading and bring it into your upper elementary classroom.
Low-Prep– All you have to do is pull up the slides!
Vocabulary & Phonics- Each day you will be going over phonics and syllable division, but also teaching the students a TON of new vocabulary at the same time.
What does each week look like?
- 5 words to decode (the first three words walk you through the decoding and the next 2 you do as a class)
- 5 sentences to decode with one challenge word within the sentence (the same setup as the words)
- Posters for all the syllable division rules they have learned and need to know (they will go over these rules on Monday for the week)
- Encoding steps to go with the two words you encode each day
Each day: Go over the rules, decode a word, decode a sentence, encode 2 words
Each word is multisyllabic and higher-level. So, not only will you be teaching phonics to your upper elementary students each day you will also be teaching a ton of new vocabulary.
Want more Science of Reading in Upper Elementary Resources?
The Friendly Teacher
Copyright ? The Friendly Teacher
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.